Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A mark of God's faithfulness

I hold on my lap a tiny miracle; another is sleeping nearby. God is so good! He kept His hand on my little ones when there was nothing that I or anyone else could do were something to go wrong in utero. Eugene Peterson writes about making a map of God's faithfulness, and the safe arrival and complete health of Evan and Ethan is truly a mark God's faithfulness in my life.

Here's the quote from Eugene Peterson:
"Christian discipleship is a process of paying more and more attention to God's righteousness and less and less attention to our own; finding the meaning of our lives not by probing our moods and motives and morals but by believing in God's will and purposes; making a map of the faithfulness of God, not charting the rise and fall of our enthusiasms."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thoughts, my friend! I rejoice with you. Thanks so much for the quote. Wise words!

Kimberly said...

A beautiful spot indeed on your map!

Dad said...

O the faithfulness of our loving Heavenly Father! Indeed God is so good. I too appreciate the quote from E. Peterson. Oswald Chambers wrote: "If I construct my faith on my experience, I produce that most unscriptural type, an isolated life, my eyes fixed on my own whiteness. Beware of a piety that has no pre-supposition in the Atonement of the Lord....it is useless to God and a nuisance to man."

Courtney Fourman said...

Hey Susanna! This is Courtney... Thx for leaving a comment on my blog! Hope I can see Ethan & Evan soon! Love ya...